Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Cranberry Mango Pineapple Chutney

Last week I made "Thanksgiving with a Twist" dinner.  I made turkey and sides with traditional ingredients done up in a non-traditional way.  One of the things I tried my hand at was homemade cranberry sauce.  I made it with cranberries, mango and pineapple. It was delicious.  I'll never go back to canned cranberry sauce! This recipe is easy and quick, and a great idea for a last minute Thanksgiving contribution!
Cranberry Mango Pineapple Chutney
Adapted from Love Veggies and Yoga

Ingredients:
1, 12 oz bag fresh cranberries
1 cup mango chunks (I used frozen mango)
1/2 cup pineapple chunks (I used canned pineapple)
1 1/4 cup water
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
Dash cayenne pepper (optional)

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and allow to simmer until thickened. Approximately 20 minutes. Transfer to jars.  Allow to cool, cover and refrigerate. Yields 3, 8 ounce jars or 24 ounces.
*Note: If its a little too chunky for your liking, pulse in the blender until you reach desired texture.

Its so good, even the flamingo liked it....
Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails