Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Royal Affair

I wanted to be one of those crazy people who got up at 3:00am, poured champagne and sat around with their girlfriends watching the Royal Wedding live. I loved the idea of having a slumber party and then some breakfast foods at this freakishly early time in the morning.  However, I work at the freakishly early time of 6:00am. While I was awake and could have watched the wedding, I was getting ready for work. That's no fun! I couldn't take the day off....OK, I could have.  But I didn't really want to use my vacation time for that.
So I programmed my DVR, and invited a friend over for a Saturday viewing party because neither of us were available to watch the wedding on Friday. We both avoided all news media for that day and watched it together on Saturday night.  I had some left over cupcakes from another project, and some cookie dough chillin in the fridge, so I quickly whipped up a Royal Dessert Table for us to enjoy.
 I used some pictures from my trip to London a few years ago to decorate the table.

I made some fun cupcake toppers, crowns and of course the engagement ring! I am obsessed with this blue disco dust. I thought it would be a fun way to represent that gorgeous sapphire!
 Mini Cakes!
 What table would be complete without Royal Cookies!

Yep, there is that disco dust again!
The wedding was beautiful, and it was kind of wild watching the crowds gather around all of the sites I've traveled to. It really fueled my desire to go back to the UK! Vacation may need to be planned ASAP!
Thanks for checking out my Royal Treats!

I also used printables from these sources: 

1 comment:

  1. Okay, you are amazing girl! I wish I could do this stuff, I am so intrigued!!!!! Muck luck & success to you!!!!!! (Can I come work for you, lol!!!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails