Monday, July 12, 2010

Peanutbutter and Chocolate...makes everything better!

Have you ever had one of those days (weeks...months...years!) that could only be made better with chocolate? How about one of those days that was so bad, only chocolate and peanut butter could fix it? That's the kind of week I recently had. In an effort to make things better, I whipped up a batch of Reese's Peanut butter Cup-Cupcakes. Let me tell you, it made everything all better...well, at least for a few heavenly minutes.
If your day needs saving, here is all you need...

Sometimes I'm in the mood to bake or cook complex foods, this day, was not one of them. So I resorted to what I had in the house. Chocolate cake mix, cocoa, chocolate pudding, and mini Reese's peanut butter cups.
Mix up your cake mix as directed. I like to throw in a packet of pudding, and in this case a tablespoon of some good quality cocoa.

Once everything is blended, chop up your peanut butter cups. Now, you could save time by using the big peanut butter cups, but like I said, these were times of desperation. I had to work with what I had in the house. So I chopped up about 20 mini cups. Toss them in the mix, and fold them in. Scoop into cupcake liners and bake. However, the box directs you to bake for 18-22 minutes. Mine were done at 15. So keep an eye on them. You don't want your day to be worse by burned cupcakes!

Next, whip up a batch of peanut butter frosting. I'm telling you, I'm a peanut butter addict, and when you turn it into frosting, angels start singing! A-MAZ-ING! (Don't worry, the recipe is below!)

Once those babies are cool, pipe on your frosting, top with a peanut butter cup and viola! All is right in the world.

Your mood has already improved just by looking at these hasn't it?

Take two and call me in the morning.

Peanut Butter Frosting:
1 Cup Peanut butter (creamy)
1/2 cup butter (soft)
3-6 tablespoons of milk (I needed about 6. Start with 3 and add as needed)
4-5 cups Powdered Sugar (I used 4.5 cups. Depends on how sweet you like it!)

1. Cream butter and peanut butter until nice and fluffy.
2. Gradually add powdered sugar, alternating with tablespoons of milk.
3. Keep on beating until its fluffy enough to pipe onto your cupcakes (or spread it on thick if you cant be bothered to pipe!)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails