Monday, December 21, 2009

Its A Holly Jolly Christmas!

Merry Christmas Everyone! Its been some time since I've posted, so get ready for an extra long one! I have been a busy little elf this season. Let me take you to where it all began...

Aren't these little Santa's cute?! They are delicious too! I saw a similar idea online somewhere (I don't remember where!) and this appetizer caused me to get crafty!
These little Santa's are Ritz Crackers, cream cheese, celery, pepperoni and capers. Let me tell you the tangy and salty taste is delicious! These were a big hit!

Since Santa is such a jolly fellow, I moved on to Cookie Pops!

This sugar cookie fellows are decorated with royal icing and M&M's. Yummy on a stick!
I couldn't stop there. I've just begun dabbling in cookie decorating and 'tis the season for sugar cookies!
My lucky coworkers got some snowflake cookie bouquets!

Here are a couple of close ups of the snowflakes.

Of course, it didn't end there. I had this cute holly cutter that was just begging to be used. Besides, I did buy that whole bag of Holiday M&M's!

I was on such a baking kick, I had a lot of left over sugar cookie dough. What else could I do? Make melting snowmen!!

Don't you just want to gobble him up?! His little head and carrot nose are made from fondant. These little guys were very popular at a recent holiday party.
Now you're probably thinking, Fish? At Christmas? Yes they are! My girlfriend Jorden has been begging me to make her a Fish Cake. However, she lives in WI and I live in MN and I haven't quite figured out how to ship a Fish Cake to her. Shipping cookies, now that's another story! Jorden got a tiny little box with these cuties bubble wrapped inside! Merry Christmas Jorden!


I've also been obsessed with Peppermint this season. I even tried my hand at homemade peppermint marshmallows! Along with the theme, I made these "peppermint candy" cookies to go in my Peppermint Gift Bags.

I'm starting to get a little cookied out when an epiphany strikes! If any of you follow Bakerella you know that she is famous for her Cake Pops. Taking inspiration from her amazing work, I made these precious Elf Cake Pops!

Almost too jolly to eat!

That's my holiday baking adventure for this Christmas season!
Wishing everyone a warm and happy holiday!
Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails